Monday, August 23, 2010

Arousal










Marriage aroused me
long before you leapt
into my life
knocked me down
with over-enthusiasm
panting
breathless
from all that commotion.

The intimacy:
two-across-the-table
watching two touch
tongues
fingers
thighs

At dinner
I watched us
like I’ve watched
so many couples before
high on connection

And even before the lobster melted
on my palate
so did I
in your eyes.

Later, when your lips
were cinnamon sugar,
I laced my legs through you
in order to keep my feet on.


© 2010 by Joyce Mason
All Rights Reserved
joycemason.com


~~~

Photo credit: Intimate couple close-up © Alexandr Stepanov |Dreamstime.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joyce, you are one saucy writer! Love the intensity you bring to the subject. I feel the same way about my husband... in every way. You cut to it with spare wording and real feeling. I'm a new fan. Found you at Poetic Asides.

Amy Barlow Liberatore
AKA Sharp Little Pencil

Joyce Mason said...

Thanks, Amy ... or at least I was saucy in the '70s when I wrote this one! I'm so glad you like it. I'm honored to have you as a fan and can't wait to dig into your site. I have been away from poetry for many decades, and it's very exciting to be back with a whole new level of maturity and experience. And sauce!