Sunday, March 31, 2013

The One



Poem © 2013 by Joyce Mason
All Rights Reserved



You
me
summer sky
a million stars

Teenage chemistry beaker
boiling to our first kiss:
explosion!

I see stars, galaxies
the entire universe
in your eyes
the backdrop
 lake and fireworks sky.

I see God
in you.

No one else
no one thing
has ever been so powerful.

The years of pleasure
joy-laced pain
long estrangements
therapy

Nothing can erase
your mark.

Past middle-age
I see at last
it was God
All That Is
Oneness
cosmic unity
I fell in love with

I see now
why I never
completely
got over you.

Thank God.

~.~.~

Photo Credit: siluetas de enamorados en paisaje urbano © carlos castilla – fotolia.com



Don't forget to check out Astro-Poetry month during April on The Radical Virgo! Learn about all the poetry that's going on in the sky.

No comments: