Saturday, April 6, 2013

Centered



Poem © 2013 by Joyce Mason
All Rights Reserved



Weight balanced
through my core
anchored to the Earth
I sit tall
 and solid 
still as a redwood
in a cemetery
fine-tuned to
the most subtle nuances
of every noise and sensation
all around me.

A stranger to this place
at the same time
so familiar
a touchstone of bedrock
inside me
where sights and sounds
breeze by my senses
in slow motion
a place where observer mode
is the rule
and any kind of upset
is someone else’s:
the exception.

Like the early stages
of falling in love
the honeymoon
is over too soon
but I plan to do
everything I can
to keep my romance
with rootedness
alive
until the final uprooting
where Earth yields to Air
and I wrap myself
in the ultimate
Cloak of Invisibility.
~.~.~

Photo Credit: Girl and the Moon © Sassolinoviola - dreamstime.com


 Don't forget to check out Astro-Poetry month during April on The Radical Virgo! Learn about all the poetry that's going on in the sky.

No comments: