Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dreams Not Written





© 2013 by Joyce Mason
All Rights Reserved



I sleep in night vision goggles
pieces of my psyche
float
glow in the dark
swirl
magnetize
to a center of gravity
form a montage
where my inner story
tells itself.

The stage vaster than the sky:
I see fears
old sorrows
lingering wounds
laid bare.
Sometimes the Mask of Comedy
inserts itself
adds Technicolor
and sit-com
to the Panavision.

I’ve written these stories
for so many years
notebooks full
as many as I can remember
and have time to record.

But busyness often robs me
of the best dreams
both waking and
sleeping.
They go unrecorded.

Yet I know
deep within:
the dreams that still live
in my body and soul
are the most powerful
weaving a script
that will tell the whole story
when I finally
fully awaken.

~.~.~

Photo Credit: © bruniewska – fotolia.com


Check out Astro-Poetry month on The Radical Virgo! Learn about all the poetry that's going on in the sky. New poems posting through April 30.

No comments: